BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 31, 2012

What a Difference a Day Makes!

Wednesday, the first preschool day of the year for Miles, was rough on him.  After several hours of downtime on Wednesday, he did tell us about his day... Miss Julie, Miss Jennifer, the little potty, apple trees, snacks (crackers, cereal, and juice), Levi, and toys (2 celery, muffins, and bananas).  Yesterday he didn't have school and was happy about that.  Today he woke up and I told him it was a school day.  He didn't react, so I took that as a good sign.  I was quite surprised when, at 8 a.m., he wanted to go outside and wait for the bus.  Two problems...#1- the bus isn't scheduled to come until shortly before 9 a.m., and #2- he was wearing only his underwear and backpack.  I got him dressed, found his shoes, closed all the windows (because I had to leave as soon as the bus came), and did everything else I could think of to stall him.  That got us to 8:20.  He still wanted to go outside and wait for the bus.  Since I couldn't come up with anything better to do, we went outside and sat on the front steps.  We sang songs ("Good singing, Mommy"), labeled body party, observed pill bugs, talked about the cars that drove by, counted trees, and counted rocks, but it was still only 8:40.  A few moments later, I heard the sound of a large engine.  Crossing my fingers that it was the bus, I looked down the street and could see the yellow bus heading towards our house!  The bus was early!!! Miles saw it and jumped up.  The bus pulled up in front of the bus and Miles happily ran and got on the bus and had a great day at school.  Yippee!

0 comments: