BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Garden Can Go Die

I know I've whined about our lame garden several times this growing season, and here's another go. A couple of weeks ago, my next door neighbor brought over a large bag full of tomatoes because they can't keep up with the all the tomatoes their garden is producing. Yesterday I harvested our biggest tomato crop of the season. Lame.

While the tomatoes are lame, the pepper plants have had all their leaves eaten off, and the pumpkins and green beans are dead (except for the Jack-Be-Littles, which are doing awsome), the cucumbers won't stop. We've tired of picking them daily, so on occasion we find one that got neglected; like this beast (that's next to a typical Costco cucumber for size reference)-
 Seriously, isn't that the biggest, scariest, Armenian cucumber ever? It's going over the fence...

0 comments: