I haven't felt like posting since my dentist trip. My mouth took its time recuperating and gave me a migraine during the throbbing phase. The tooth pain is gone, but I continue to deal with the visual effects of the migraine. The computer screen is not my friend. It hurts my eyes to look at it, so blogging isn't fun; it's actually painful. But really, it's not too bad since I look at my fingers while typing, but when I look up, my vision is instantly impacted, even with the screen drastically dimmed. Oh well, compared to the various rotten things that many of my friends are dealing with, residual effects of a migraine are hardly worth complaining about. So anyway, that's why there haven't been any posts for the past few days.
Today is the first Monday in 8 weeks that Miles has not had swimming lessons. He got up this morning and told me, "Swim class." I told him that swim class was done, so he gave himself a dry-land private swim lesson, complete with practice jumping in the water with my bed being the deck. It was cute. While he didn't make a lot of swimming progress, he met my goals- separating, cooperating, and having fun.
I'm now actively prepping Miles for his return to school. Several times a day, we talk about the bus and Miss Jennifer. Hopefully that transition will go smooth. "Preparation and Practice" seems to be my mantra for helping Miles achieve success.
Last week was Band Camp for Jonathan. He was at THS from 8 to 8 each day. This year was the first year since he started marching band that they didn't practice in a torrential downpour from a thunderstorm. The band learned their music and about 60% of the show. Exhibition night is a month and 2 days away, then we live marching band until November. Parade season officially ended with the Lindon Days parade on Saturday.
Saturday was an active day around here. Jonathan decided that he needed to burn off the10 slices of pizza he ate the day before, so he went on a long bike ride. He rode from our house to the Provo River Trail, then rode the trail from end to end, and then came home. His ride was about 30 miles. Meanwhile, Saturday was the annual MegaDiamond assault of Mt. Timpanogos. We had an early Saturday conflict and couldn't start the hike with the rest of the company, but Dan and Nolan headed up as soon as they could. They barely got to the mouth of the canyon before it was closed for the Tour of Utah stage that goes over the loop. Since the boys were so late beginning their climb, they delayed the start of the hike by going to the top of the loop and watching the racers fly by. Nolan got some free swag- sunscreen, a collapsible water bottle, and those annoying banger sticks, and got to be on TV. They started their hike early in the afternoon and hiked about 11 miles. Nolan got a bit dirty...
I got a bug the other day and started looking at houses again... (un)fortunately, there's nothing listed that I want to see. It looks like the majority of the properties that are in the size, age, style, and price range I am willing to consider need a lot of updating. I don't want to be back where we were 3 years ago and doing all that again. There was one house that was interesting, except for the minor inconvenience of the entire public area of the house was paint pistachio green.
Other random "things"
- Miles examined his plastic buffalo and informed us that it is male. He's right.
- There's a gift that's wrapped and waiting to be delivered to its recipient. Miles wants it bad. It's the first time that he's been interested in presents.
- The basement of my house is clean. Nolan's room has been maintained for more than a week, and Jonathan's has looked great since Wednesday.
- I swatted a ping pong ball at Nolan the other day. Not only did I actually manage to hit him, but it smacked him with such force that it left a nice, round welt on the inside of his arm.
- Miles is eating turkey again!
0 comments:
Post a Comment