Today I planned to enroll Miles in his first ski school class. It's a beautiful day, lots of fresh snow, not windy; a great day for ski school. But I woke up today feeling sinusy and head-coldish. Also, the ski day needed to be rearranged so it turned into an afternoon and night skiing day, not the best for a 4 year old, so I decided it would be best to stay home with Miles. But that didn't mean he wasn't skiing today. There are oodles of inches of snow surrounding the house. The backyard has a nice, gentle north-to-south slope. I decided to put Miles on skis in the backyard. I bundled him up; stuck his helmet on his head, adjusted his bindings, wrestled his feet into his books, carried him out to the yard, "clicked" him into his skis, then pushed him down the hill. Okay, I guided him down the hill while holding him upright by the back of his parka. It worked okay. Miles has no sense of balance on skis. Forget trying to teach him what to do with his skis- "keep them together" was all he could handle. But we had fun. He went down the gentle slope about 20 times and then decided he was done.
Friday, December 28, 2012
Skiing 101
Posted by squidlover at 3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment