BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Band Concerts

This year we get to go to 3 school band Christmas concerts. Jonathan has 2, and Nolan has 1. Tuesday was the THS Jazz and Percussion Christmas concert. Jonathan plays tenor sax in the Jazz Band. I asked Jonathan if he wanted anything recorded from his concert and he told me that there wouldn't be anything worth recording. I took pictures though. The Jazz band was told they could dress festively for the concert. Jonathan took that to the extreme and wore a Santa hat and coat.


Nolan's concert was on Thursday. He played in the drumline, percussion for the Concert band, Kozan ensemble, Jazz band, and Symphonic band. In Kozan, he plays the nagado-daiko. He's the guy on the left side of the black barrel drum on the far left.
In Jazz Band, Nolan had a solo in Sweet Georgia Brown. (at about 1:30)
In Symphonic Band, he had another solo (Feelings) in Shrek Dance Party.  He's the trumpet in the back row, second from the left wearing a black shirt.

1 comments:

McKay said...

I LIke it, nolan sounds really good, like really really good.