BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Midway Traditions

I think we've been going up to Midway over the winter break for the past 6 years or so.  I guess it's officially become a tradition.  Usually we head up for a few days before Christmas, but this year we went for New Years.  I'll post about this year's trip specifics in a minute, but I want this post to be about what we do on our Midway escape.  Basically, we do nothing; or maybe a better way to put it is we do whatever we feel like.  But, there are a few things we always do. 

  •  We eat.  A lot.  I always bring up a blob of cookie dough and anytime anyone wants a fresh cookie, one can be made.  One cookie can be made at a time, or 15, or the entire batch.  It just depends on who wants cookies and how many. 
  • I turn up the furnace.  High.  All the way up.  I love it.  Everyone else hates it.  Sometimes I use the fireplace as well.  My goal is to make the place feel tropical.  
  • Swimming.  Multiple trips to the pool a day.  The boys like to end the swim session with a long soak in the hot tub followed by a shirtless sprint back to the unit.  I think they are crazy. 
  • I don't swim.  Yep.  That's right.  I don't swim.  I  hate being wet and cold and having to go outside.  No thanks.  I stay behind in my own private Hawaii.
  • Sledding.  A must.  Last year there wasn't any snow and we deemed the trip "boring."  Some years we also cross-country ski or snowshoe, but we always sled, unless there's no snow.  
  • Sleep in.  Self explanatory.  Being unscheduled is very important. 

0 comments: