BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 27, 2012

This and That

The pumpkin thief struck again leaving me with only 9 total Jack-Be-Littles on the vine.  I harvested the 6 orange toned ones and left the 3 white ones on the vine.  Good luck to them.  I'm not the only one in the neighborhood experiencing "vanishing pumpkin syndrome".  A neighbor who grows "ghost pumpkins" told me that she is missing pumpkins as well.  I can't believe someone is stealing pumpkins- they're just a squash.

I took my resting heart rate the other night.  It was 48.  Woot!

I had to make a purchase for something needed for an up coming trip.  No local stores had what I needed in stock, so I turned to the internet.  Unfortunately, the online store that I had what I needed at the best price was Kmart.  Their online store is as yucky as their local store. 

First World Problem of the Day- Apple "forced" me to update my phone's operating system.  By "forced" I mean that everything I used my phone a screen popped up telling me the update was available and to stop the pop-up, I updated the system.  First, it got rid of Google Maps and replaced it with Apple Maps.  I've heard they are awful, so I reinstalled Google Maps. Ha!  Second, the new OS interfaces with Facebook.  Miles discovered that on his own before I did and he posted a picture of himself on my Facebook account.  I didn't know he had done it until I got a notification that someone liked my picture.  Perplexed, I clicked on the link and there was Miles' post- a picture he took of himself buckled in his car seat.  I disabled that perk, I think.

This was on the loose in Lehi on Tuesday.


Halloween is coming and, while it's not my favorite "holiday", Miles thinks it's pretty awesome.  He is really into pumpkins and skeletons this year.  Yesterday I hauled up the Halloween boxes and Miles was so excited to see the pumpkins.  Then he found the big skeleton and dragged it around for the rest of the day.  At bed time, I traded him the big skeleton for a rubber one and he had to sleep with it and a small pumpkin.  The coffee table in the living room has been covered with the pumpkin collection. 

I don't think I'll be able to put the decorations where I want them because Miles has claimed them as his own.  Last night, we went into a Halloween store and today we went back, as per Miles' request.  He's loving it!  And just so no one thinks I am a complete party pooper, earlier this week, I did sew Halloween curtains for the front door!

0 comments: