BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day 2012

One word- yippee!  You can read all the sarcasm you want into that, or take it at face value.  It was a day.  It should have been a "sleeping-in" day, but my boys had other plans.  Jonathan and Nolan decided on a whim to run a 5K this morning.  The THS Cross Country Team was sponsoring a fundraiser and Jonathan decided to support it, and Nolan decided it sounded like fun.  We were up at 6 to get ready because someone wanted to be there "early".  Neither of my boys had ever raced a 5 K before; neither has been training for one either.  Their training consisted of a summer of riding a bike to work 20 miles round trip (Jonathan), and lacrosse practice (Nolan).  I was expecting them to run about at about a 10 min/mile pace, so I was really surprised that they both ran a sub-25 min 5K.  Nolan finished just steps in front of Jonathan.   They had a great time.



Most of the remainder of the day was with mundane tasks... putting stuff away, organizing the computer room, repairing the vacuum (I did it!), vacuuming, bathrooms, hanging canvases, dishes, homework, tower building project, etc. (This was the sarcastic "yippee" part of the day)

This evening we went to a "S'moreBQ" and wienie roast.  Playing with fire is always fun.  Miles liked roasting hotdogs,
but instead of eating it, he carried it around with him for the rest of the evening.  I bought some huge marshmallows that were fun to roast (and eat).


Jonathan preferred the role of fire marshal and was happiest when it was time to extinguish the fire and go home.

And now?  Miles is in bed, Jonathan is reading some stuff for one of his 3 science classes, and Nolan is back at the tower building project.  Later in the week, I'll report on how that turns out.

0 comments: