Yes, I am talking about Miles. Miles is a screamer and I don't do well with screamers. Yes, I am aware that when he screams, he is communicating his dissatisfaction with some aspect of his life, but he is so loud, and he screams forever (okay, not forever, but he has screamed for a couple of hours straight). On Sunday, he made it known that he did not want to be in church. For the second time now, I've had someone comment to me something along the lines of "your kid is really bothering everyone". Like I didn't know that; but where do you go in a church with an out-of-control-tantrum-throwing-2-year-old that won't disturb anyone ? And yes, that really was the second time I've been told that Miles is ruining the services for someone (besides myself). On Monday, Miles had a fit when it was time to leave Jonathan's band exhibition. He wanted to run along a path that went around Mountain View's football stadium. I wouldn't let him. He let me and everyone within a 100-yard radius know that I was messing up his plans. He screamed from the field to the car, for the 11 minute (or 4.5 mile) drive home, into the house, and until he was belly button deep in the bathtub. Today he screamed for a good half hour because I carried his bowl full of toys downstairs for him. I know he is attempting to communicate using the only means he knows (since his English is limited), but it is driving me (and I'm sure the whole neighborhood) crazy. Today it was a good thing that Miles was in the basement screaming and I was upstairs and at the other end of the house. I feel like this is a battle of wills, but the terms of the battle of wills are out of my hands and that it has been set up that I will lose. Miles holds all the power during his scream sessions. Seriously, he's pushing me over the edge with his screaming. He needs to learn to express himself differently and soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment