I feel like I'm missing out a whole area of my boys' lives. They love the outdoors. I'm fine with it, especially if I'm inside! They love to bike, climb mountains, ski, etc. I love to hear about their adventures, but I rarely participate in their adventures because I don't know that I can. I haven't been physically active for several years so I figure I can't keep pace with the boys so I stay home. I decided I didn't like my attitude. I want, when they come to me and say "let's go climb Timp", to be able to say,"okay, let's go!" Right now, I really don't think that's a possibility, but I am changing things! For the past 2 weeks, I've made a point of getting at least 30 minutes of exercise, 5 days a week. Sometimes I walk; sometimes it's the elliptical; once it's been the treadmill (ugh!); and yesterday I went for a bike ride.
I haven't ridden my bike in at least 3 years. The 4 boys regularly ride from our house to Provo Canyon and up to Vivian Park. Yesterday I decided to go with them and figured that if I couldn't make it up the hills to the house, then I would proudly declare myself a wimp and walk my bike home. Going to Provo Canyon was fun. I think I could almost coast there! Dan and I stopped at one of the parks to let Miles play and throw rocks in the river while J and Nols rode to Vivian Park. Coming home was harder, but I made it! I rode up all the hills. I went on a successful bike ride with my family and had a good time doing it!
Sunday, September 12, 2010
My New "Mom Attitude"
Posted by squidlover at 3:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment