BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Miles and Natalie

Last night, we went to Dan's parents' house for a "cook-out". The term "cook-out" always makes me smile... that's Bona-talk for a BBQ! David's family was there, Dan's parents were there, and we were there. David's oldest daughter, Emily, was there with her family. She & her hubby have 2 kids... their son is 3.5 years old, and their daughter, Natalie, was born in January. During dinner, Natalie was playing in her playpen so her mommy and daddy could eat. Miles kept going over to the playpen to peek at Natalie and her toys. I was nervous that he would either try to climb in the playpen or throw a rock at Natalie. After I finished eating, I went over to see Natalie. She was starting to fuss, so I picked her up. Miles came over to see what was going on. I thought he was going to have one of his possessive mommy-moments and scream when he saw that I had Natalie. Cautiously, I knelt down so Miles could see Natalie. He wanted to give her loves! He gently gave her a "noggin". I stood up. He wanted to see Natalie again. I knelt back down. This time he leaned in and gave Natalie a kiss. He's quit giving me kisses, so I was jealous. I stood back up. He wanted more Natalie! I knelt down again, and this time, Miles stretched out his arms and gave Natalie a hug. It was so sweet to see Miles being sweet. Usually when I see him with other kids, he's being very defensive of his territory. Last night, he was simply adorable!

0 comments: