It was a busy weekend. We arranged to have Miles blessed in church on November 30th instead of on the traditional first Sunday of the month due to my family being in town. After the blessing, I invited everyone (both sides of the family) over for dinner. I began preparing for that meal on Friday with a shopping trip to Costco. I planned that there would be 25 people coming over for dinner (we had 28!). Dinner would be Chicken Fajitas, Spanish Rice, Cuban Black Beans, and brownies. I bought 10 pounds of onions and 4 bags of red bell peppers (24 peppers) and we used them all! I also learned how to cook/use dried beans! I made a sheetcake pan of dark chocolate brownies. Saturday was food prep night. I got the onions and peppers for the fajitas cooked. I made the black beans and rice. I chopped up the chicken and stuck it in crockpots so it would cook overnight. Sunday morning I got up to make guacamole (but used all the onions the night before so I just cut up avocado) and chocolate frosting. I set the tables (now finding space for 28 in my house was fun... the living room couch went into the guest room, 2 small Christmas trees went there as well. The rest of the furniture got pushed against the walls. A card table and "table for 6" went in the living room, as well as the food serving table. We squished 9 around the regular table, put 4 people at the kitchen counter, and Cole was in a high chair in the corner of the kitchen!). Anyway, I planned food for about 25 adults and I think I could have fed about 100. We had leftovers and more leftovers (of everything except for the brownies... gone!). We'll be eating leftovers for a month! It was fun though.
Oh yeah... the main point of this post was Miles' blesssing. Dan (with the assistance of 11 other men) gave Miles a beautiful blessing . He blessed Miles to be able to have a good relationship with his older brothers who will be good example for him; to have the strength to accomplish all he needs to do; to be a light in the darkness; to learn and do his duty; and to feel and know the love of God in his live and to use that love as a source of strength.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Miles' Blessing
Posted by squidlover at 7:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment