BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 3, 2013

Not the Best Day

Today has been one of those days where I've been easily bothered.  For example, the sound of a certain 4 year old sitting on the kitchen table picking his nose is enough to make me want to throw up.  The volume of a certain someone's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.  The insincerity of another person made me want to smack them a good one.  It's been a day where nothing has gone too wrong, but I'm bugged by everything.  I should put myself in time out.  In Hawaii.  For two weeks.  At least.

The day did start off with an adventure though.  At 5:30 this morning, I staggered into the kitchen to make the daily pancakes only to find the pot that I cooked ravioli in last night sitting on the stove full of (now cold) water and waiting for me to do something with it.  I took it over to the sink and, unceremoniously dumped the water out and was planning on putting it in the dishwasher.  However, my reaching for the dishwasher door was halted as I realized that the water that I dumped into the sink didn't "sound" right.  Perplexed, I put the pot down and opened the cabinet under the sink.  Somehow the hose connecting the dishwasher and the disposal sink was disconnected and the water I'd just poured down the sink was now running out the hole where the hose was supposed to be and all over the inside of the cabinet.  There was a nice wet mess to attend to and a plumbing repair to deal with all before dawn.  Ugh.  The repair took 2 minutes; the water clean up took a bit longer.  I'm still wondering how the disconnect happened.  Perhaps it's a life allegory-often we don't notice disconnect a little at a time, but instead, all at once, and at that point, there's a big mess and quite a bit of effort is required to fix the problem.  Wow.  That's quite the deep thought.  Waxing philosophical...  Or maybe it was just a past due April Fool's joke played by one of the boys.

0 comments: