BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Post Office

I hate going to the post office, but today it was necessary.  I was rewarded though!  I went to the PG post office.  Next to the Center Street Orem post office, the PG post office is my least favorite- long lines, weird patrons, weird staff with overly helpful Lael (who makes mailing a simple package a complex process with every possible mailing option available with every add on offered presented) and strange "Mountain Man" with the British accent.  It's always an adventure; one I prefer to avoid.  So I got to the post office.  First, I was happy because it was nearly deserted, two clerks and only 2 people in line ahead of me.  The lady in front of me provided entertainment for me.  While standing in line, she "shouts" out, "Steven, how much is it to mail a letter to Mexico?  Is it $1.05 or $1.10"  She was told it was $1.10.  Then she drifted off to daydream land and refused to go to the available clerk, who finally had to shout, "Next please" to snap her out of Fantasyland.  She walks over to the "Mountain Man" clerk, hands him an envelope, then the transaction went as follows:
     Lady:  This goes to Mexico.
     Mountain Man Clerk:  (looks at envelope) This is addressed to Belgium.
     Lady:  I don't want it to go to Belgium.  I want it to go to Mexico.
     Mountain Man Clerk:  But it's addressed to Belgium. 
     Lady:  Steven, will you take a look at this? 
     Steven:  It says Belgium.  Did Robbie get transferred from Mexico to Belgium?
     Lady:  No.  This letter needs to go to Mexico.
     Steven:  Well, it says Belgium.
     Lady:  (gives Steven a long hard look, then turns to Mountain Man Clerk) Fine. Mail it to Belgium then.

So odd.  It was really funny.  I want to know who she was mailing a letter to in Belgium when, as she insisted, the letter needed to go to Mexico.  Perhaps the Nigerian email scams have be relocated to Belgium...

0 comments: