Nolan returned to the lacrosse field yesterday and was upset that he didn't get to play very much. I guess he's recovered from last week's head injury and that the injury hasn't caused him to be timid on the field at all.
Miles' latest line is "My tummy hurts." Recently he told his teacher that his "tummy hurt" and she ignored him (as I probably would have) and he threw up at school. Last week he threw up several times (and is quite proud of it and will tell you about each "event" if you'd like more details), so I am taking his "My tummy hurts" seriously. However, today he used the "My tummy hurts" to get out of going to Primary; he's been just fine since we got home.
On Friday, a "name from the past" popped into my head. I haven't thought of this person in years and years. Why I thought of him, I have no idea, but I wondered whatever had become of him (because he sure was full of himself and incredibly cocky 22 years ago). Back during the BYU days, we briefly dated... he expressed his intention of attending Pepperdine and becoming an attorney, and also of marrying me. Yeah, right... Forward to present day- I Googled him, and within minutes I found out that he is Glenn Beck's Chief of Staff. Hahahaha! Dream job for some, but not for me. Good thing I ran!
Did you know that mom's aren't allowed to be sick.? Evidently, I subscribe to that philosophy. There were a couple of days last week when I was so tired that I couldn't function. Zero energy. Got up, went back to bed, took a nap, etc. I took me 3 days to realize that I was so exhausted because I was sick. Duh. Amazing how good I feel now!
The U of U requires all first year students to attend an overnight orientation prior to registering. The only time Jonathan can attend the orientation is July 1 & 2. There's a problem with this. Jonathan earned a scholarship that to claim, he has to submit proof of registration for at least 15 credits prior to July 1 and he can't register until late July. Tomorrow I am making many calls to figure out how the U will accommodate Jonathan- I'm calling general academic advising, engineering advising, music advising, and the honors/science cohort advising, as well as the admissions office and the orientation office. Hopefully someone will have an answer for me. Since he's attending a state school and the scholarship is a state sponsored scholarship, there should be an accommodation made.
Sunday, April 21, 2013
Week in Review
Posted by squidlover at 5:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment