BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Brain is Amazing

I had a "repeat" dream; one of those dreams that I've had before, so I can only conclude that the dream-making section of my brain wanted the night off so my dream was a re-run.  This dream was a dumb one about homelessness.  Evidently the logical part of my brain was not interested in the dream re-run because, while I was sleeping, I heard in my head, "You've dreamed this before and it's a dumb dream, and I already know how it ends, so change the dream."  That thought process affected the "dream-making" section of the brain because the dream instantly changed to a backpacking adventure with different characters, but ended just as lame as the original dream.  Weird that my thought process was able to communicate with the dream section of my brain, and that the dream section was obedient to the received directive.

0 comments: