BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Where in the World is Dan?

Dan is on travel again. He always seem to have a end of the year business trip. So, where is Dan? Dan is in Midland, Texas. "Where?" did you say? That's what I said. I was guessing that Midland was in north-central Texas, near the Oklahoma border. Nope! Midland is in west Texas not far from the southeast corner of New Mexico. He is meeting with field engineers, this I know because he took his hardhat and steel-toe boots with him. So... Midland... since I knew nothing about Midland, I turned to Wikipedia for the final, official word on Midland.

Midland is located on the railway, midway (hence the name) between Fort Worth and El Paso. Midland has about 100,000 residents. The local school district is the city's largest employer. Midland is the administrative center of the west Texas oil field (that would explain why Dan is there). There are 3 high schools and a junior college in Midland. They have a public library and a mall. Ten local television channels serve Midland. I thought their notable residents were interesting... Wikipedia lists practically everyone who ever lived there, but those you may have heard of include Woody Harrelson, Tommy Lee Jones, the Bush family (both Daddy and Shrub), and Jessica McClure (the little girl who fell down the well and was rescued). For some reason, Wiki also lists someone named Steven Dale Green, a former Army pfc, who was convicted of rape and murder. Why he is notorious, I don't know, but why list him (who is obviously a substandard citizen) as someone "awesome" from your city?

Hurry home Dan, and leave the west Texas twang at the border!

0 comments: