It only took me six weeks, but I finally finished painting the dining room, well sort of, for now, that is. I intended to paint the dining room on labor day, but had that "ladder incident" while taping off the ceiling. Nearly a month later, my shoulder was healed well enough to be able handle the paint roller motion. I painted the 2 "not so high, only 9 foot ceiling" walls at the end of September. Then Dan went out of town on travel and I really wanted to finish the painting. He told me that I wasn't to use our ladder. I didn't. I called Lynn and he brought me his Little Giant ladder to use (it's a cool ladder... and I have ladder envy now). I started simple and low to the ground and painted below the chair rail. Then Lynn's ladder arrived and he set it up for me. I tried to climb it, but I was a little freaked. He took pity on me and taped off the 12.5 foot high parts of the ceiling (everybody needs a brother-in-law like Lynn). I got the windowless wall painted on October 3rd. I was nervous on the ladder at first, but by the 200th time I scaled the ladder, I was over my fear. I didn't get to the window-wall until this past Saturday night. It's "done" now... meaning all the walls are the same color! However, the previous painters did the worst prep job possible and now I have to go back and repaint all the trim because it has red paint on it and repaint the ceiling because they stunk at taping off and the red bled onto the ceiling as well. That painting isn't a high priority for me and I figure I'll get to it in the next year or two (after I have a Little Giant ladder of my own!)
Me on the ladder doing the un-taping...
Partially Painted... the red is what we were painting over. There was 2 shades of ugly khaki under the chair rail that I didn't get a picture of before I painted the white over it!
Finished!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Dining Room Done (sort of)
Posted by squidlover at 7:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment