BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We Love DI

Yesterday, Amy, Miles, Nolan, and I went to DI. Amy was jeans shopping (no luck, but found some groovy red work shorts!), Nolan wanted books (he found 4; 3 Goosebumps which I will only buy at DI, and one Pokemon book; another "only at DI" purchase). I went with no plans or expectations, and Miles came along for the ride. I ended up finding treasures though! I bought Dan a pair of long snowshoes for his birthday (he better not read my blog until after next Thursday), a "new and in the box" Santa from Costco that I already had a twin of (so now I have two identical ones), a puzzle, and thought about a cheese dome (which I thought about buying only because it was the lamest wedding gift we received and I was tempted to share it with Leslie, but I put it back). Someone (or somebodies) cleaned out their board books and Miles got 6 good, classic board books (like Hungry Caterpillar, Napping House, Wheels on the Bus, Goodnight Gorilla, etc). Jonathan wasn't with us, but I even found a clarinet book for him. So everyone got something. But, Miles was the most excited. While I was wandering DI, I saw a US flag. Miles is flag obsessed. He climbs/crawls over our neighbors rock wall to see their flag. I picked the flag up and Miles took it away from me. I carried Miles and he carried the flag (it's a big flag too... 3' by 5'). There was no way he was leaving DI without his treasure. Lucky for me, it only cost $2!

By the way, I did another Albertson's run this morning... 2 boxes of Kix, 2 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios, 2 pkgs. Betty Crocker Mini Warm Delights, 1 bottle of Wishbone Salad Dressing, 2 boxes of 24 count Popsicles, and 5 packages of Klondike bars. Pre-tax total... $58.70. My pre-tax total... $4.41 with another $4/5 Bryers/Popsicle coupon, and $15 in "like cash" coupons!

0 comments: