BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

An Abbott & Costello Moment

Yesterday I had a surreal experience that I am still shaking my head over. I was in Walmart buying yogurt. I had with me 2 coupons that said ".75 off ANY brand of yogurt." It was good on a 32 oz container or on 4 individual units. I've used this coupon in Walmart several times without and issue, but not yesterday. So I was back in the dairy department and picked up 8 Yoplait cups (because I wanted to use both coupons). Here's where I made my mistake. I went to the self-checkout. Coupons are accepted there and I've used them there before without a problem. I scanned all my stuff. I hit "coupons". I scanned the coupons and got an error message that told me to set the coupons aside and an employee would be over to help me. This nice little lady came over, looked at the coupons, and said she needed to get her supervisor to look at them. The supervisor (who was over the automotive department) came over and looked at the ".75 off ANY brand of yogurt." coupons and told me that they weren't valid on Yoplait yogurt; they had to be used on "ANY" brand of yogurt. I told him, exactly, the coupon said "ANY brand" so I was using it on Yoplait. He said "No, it doesn't say 'Yoplait', it says "ANY" brand and it was only good on "ANY" brand. Again, I told him I understood and that "ANY brand" included Yoplait. He continued to insist that the coupon was only valid for "ANY" brand and that did not include Yoplait, and therefore could not be used on Yoplait. I could see that this moron wasn't getting it and that this was a pointless argument, so I told him, "fine, give me back my coupons, remove the Yoplait from my bill, and I'd go somewhere else. And I did.

1 comments:

ann said...

Once when I worked at WordPerfect someone called and said she was installing her program and was being prompted to hit any key to complete the installation. She couldn't find the any key and called to see if I could help her... too funny!