Miles started out as our best baby sleeper. He started sleeping through the night at 2 weeks old. Nolan didn't do that until he was nearly a year old and Jonathan was 2 before he decided that nights were for sleeping. Well, it seems that Miles has decided that his brothers' night time antics are preferable to sleeping. Ugh!
Miles slept well until about 4 months ago and since then things have gotten progressively worse (notice, I am blogging and it is 3:45 a.m.). He started waking up three and four times a night. He wanted to eat, and because I value my sleep, I'd let him, just so I could get back to sleep sooner. That was only making things worse though... I was becoming not only a food source, but a pacifier. However magically, a few weeks ago, Miles seemed to be back on the "I can sleep at night" schedule. He was doing great, but now, Miles won't sleep at all, and I don't mean only at night.
Yesterday, Miles napped for a total of 45 minutes. He slept for 15 minutes in his car seat. When I put him down for his nap; he cried for about 10 minutes, then slept for a whopping 30 minutes. That was it for napping. That's been his schedule lately. Maybe an hour of total sleep during the day, combined with a lousy night's sleep. Then after 2-3 days of this insanity, he will take a 3 hour nap, and then then resume his horrid schedule. I've had it! He won't go to bed earlier either. If he does, it's just another 30 minute nap, then up for a few more hours before his restless night. Well, tonight he went to bed at 9 p.m. He slept until 11 p.m. He woke up again at 12:30 a.m., and again at 2:15 a.m. It's now a few minutes before 4 a.m. and he just now (about 2 minutes ago) seems to be settling down and going back to sleep.
The school year starts again in just a few hours for the boys. Hopefully, with a stabilized routine, Miles' sleeping schedule with become more compatible with what I need it to be... a daily 2 hour nap and a good night's sleep.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
He Won't Sleep
Posted by squidlover at 3:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment