BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Nolan!

Yes, Nolan's birthday was in April, but we finally got around to celebrating it this week (he can be very patient with us). No really, we did celebrate it in April with presents, songs, signs, food, etc., but, due to our move this summer and the major amount of preparations that went in to the move, we didn't get to his choice of a family activity until Monday night. Nolan wanted to go to Liberty Land for his birthday. I went online and bought $50 worth of gift certificates for Liberty Land for $30 (cashed in on a great promotion). We got to Liberty Land and found that there was a 50% off promotion that night. Instead of paying $16.50 a piece for Dan and the boys to play, it was only $8.25 each! Our total was around $26. I handed the cashier the $50 gift certificates and she handed me back $23.xx in CASH! The big boys had unlimited access to all the activity (except laser tag) for about $7 out of pocket! Off they went to have fun. They rode the little roller coaster, drove go-carts, cruised around and squirted each other in the bumper boats (side note... the bumper boats could squirt bystanders as well. I was watching and holding Miles. Jonathan was nearby and I wasn't paying too much attention to him. I felt water running down my legs and thought "gross, Miles' diaper is leaking and he's peeing on me... but no, it didn't take me long to realize that the fluid was cold and that, thankfully, it was Jonathan squirting us!), did the climbing wall, and played miniature golf. We played a "Belnap" version of mini golf which we named "Miles golf". We'd put Miles down on the green and the object was to get your ball into the hole before Miles could chase it down and grab it. I thought it made the game much more interesting. It was free for Miles to play and he got to ride the train. So, Happy Birthday Nolan, and next year, I promise we'll celebrate your big day closer to your actual birthday.

0 comments: