On Sunday my birthday was celebrated at the weekly Belnap dinner. What this entails is me dictating the menu and Bona preparing it. I always feel awkward "telling" Bona what to prepare. First, she is cooking for a small herd of people; second, food costs money; and third everyone is so picky! Anyway, I really didn't care what was for dinner as long as Bona's amazing Cheesy Potatoes were involved. She makes the best cheesy potatoes and I have her recipe but cannot duplicate her potatoes (she only uses the recipe as a guideline). I let Bona determine the rest of the menu. We ended up having homemade wheat rolls, Lynn's pistachio/pineapple/whipped cream/cottage cheese salad/creation, broccoli, and carrots. For dessert I asked for Bona's "Pop Balls". They are lightly sweetened maple flavored popcorn balls, but she told me Lynn wanted to make his "famous" apple pie. I said fine. Well, Bona made me her "Pop Balls" anyway and Lynn was busy making pie when we got to Parley and Bona's on Sunday. Lynn made 2 apple pies amd was rolling out the crust for a third pie... to my surprise he made me a raspberry pie! My love of raspberries is well known in the Belnap family (I am to raspberries as they are to ketchup!). The pie was hot from the oven and so good! The leftover pie was sent home with me. Guess what I had for breakfast today- the last of the pie (a la mode), and it was so good!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment