BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Reality TV

Reality TV is so stupid! Saying that, why do I watch it? I watch Survivor, Amazing Race (at times) and last night I watched the finale of The Bachelor. So "The Bachelor"... what a retarded show. Some random hot guy becomes king of the castle to 25 ultra skinny and hot (in their own opinions) fleabag (my opinion) women... He's supposed to date them all while being supervised by a camera crew and end up finding true love and proposing to his love all in a matter of 12 weeks or so. Right. I guess I have to say, in defense of the show, that I don't think I actually dated 25 guys before I got married (well, really The Bachelor doesn't date 25 either since he kicks off about half of them after the first party night). but I least I knew something about each guy I date before I ever went out with them (oh wait, there was that one blind date from Hades). I personally chose to go out with all the guys I dated (except for Mr. Blind Date). Anyway, my point is that the odds of finding the right person out of a randomly selected pool of people isn't too good. Aly said that out of the 12+ seasons of the show, 1 couple got married (and it was a Bachelorette show, so the lady picked right!), 1 couple is engaged, and 1 other couple is still together. So, if you're looking for true love, don't bother submitting a video tape to be a contestant on the show. I think you'd have better luck finding what you want at the local Wal-Mart.

By the way, Mr. Bachelor didn't choose anyone. He left the show unattached, but devastated both of his final two choices.

0 comments: