So I went to the grocery store today to do some of the Pre-Thanksgiving grocery shopping. I got the cranberries, the apples, the onions, the poultry seasoning (?), the rice vinegar, some cream, more stuff, and the biggest ol' bird I could find. It's just shy of 18 pounds! Anyway, Mr. Tom Turkey isn't in my refrigerator. He isn't in my inside freeze. He isn't in my freezer in my garage. He isn't even technically in my house. The turkey is in an ice chest in the garage! I have no where to store the bird so I packed him away in ice and left him in the garage! Today alone I spent nearly $60 on stuff just for Thanksgiving dinner. I still have to get the Costco stuff and the sweet potato (yuck!) stuff, but Mom hasn't given me a sweet potato shopping list yet. If I don't get a list from her soon, she'll have to brave a grocery store herself on Wednesday when she gets here. Also, what is with the proce of apples? 9 apples cost nearly $10! The apple pie better taste real good!
Dan has a growth on his jaw/neck. It's huge- about the size of a nickel in all dimensions! He says it feels weird when he plays the violin. I've checked it for ingrown hairs- none! No sign of a zit head either. If it's still impressive I'll get a picture of it tomorrow. I asked him if he was Frankenstein and if a new bolt was emerging from his neck.
I crashed another ward's Super Saturday today. I actually had fun. I got to talk with some ladies who I haven't seen in nearly 8 years, since the wards were split. I made 72 hour food kits and tiles with vinyl letters. I like them- the tiles, not the food. I came home from the Super Saturday to a great surprise! Dan and the boys were re-barking the front yard! Yea! Bonus points for them. Then the boys went over and raked Parley and Bona's leaves and I folded 8 loads of laundry. Last week I rediscovered that if you fold each load as it comes out of the dryer, that folding the clothes is painless. Evidently that lesson didn't stick with me and I had accumulated 8 loads that needed to be folded. New goal for next week- fold the laundry as it comes out of the dryer.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Confession
Posted by squidlover at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment