BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Me & Food

I eat strange. No questioning it! I am a vegetarian by choice, well sort of by choice- the texture and feel of poultry just gross me out, I've always hated fish, and beef is just so bad for the heart (and there's that Mad Cow Disease thing). Anyway, today I ate so randomly. I had chocolate chips for breakfast; toast, black bean soup and bread for lunch; and a baked potato, lettuce with carrots, peas, and popcorn balls for dinner. Nutritious, I know. Anyway, Bona made a nice dinner tonight, but hey, I didn't eat most of it because it was against my way of eating. There was chicken, a "no go" since I'm not into fowl, a monster sized banana squash- yeah, right, 2 kinds of juice; sorry, don't drink my calories, and the stuff I ate. For dessert, there was these Austrian wafer things that Dan brought back from Austria... didn't eat them- loaded with hazelnuts and didn't feel like an epi-pen injection and a trip to the ER tonight. I'm fairly appalled at what I ate today. Must go take a mulit-vitamin!

I also have become a fairly picky eater since I moved out on my own. I thought I liked all sorts of food when I lived at home. Somehow when I moved out, my taste bud were liberated from the things I coerced them to like and now they are free and independent to like whatever they actually like. I'm not sure that is a good thing, but at least I don't have to gag down tomato chunks in soup anymore. By the way, thanks Mom for always making sure I was fed decently and didn't have days like today's food when I lived at home.

The one food I never had to try when I lived at home was eggplant. My mom doesn't like eggplant. One day last year I got adventurous and curiosity got the best of me and I ordered eggplant on my whole wheat veggie pizza. I was optimistic about the eggplant. One bite into the eggplant and I was done with it for life! Ugh & nasty are all I can say. That eggplant was not meant to be in my mouth and I promptly spit it into my napkin (yes, at a restaurant). Jonathan still loves to tell the story about "Mom and the Eggplant". I learned form this that if my mother won't eat a certain food, it must be really, really bad.

0 comments: