I painted yesterday. I used some new toys that made painting much less painful.
First, I bought a paint sprayer. After a bit of searching and reading reviews, I bought the Wagner Control Spray Max paint sprayer. It's a little unit and would be really inadequate for an exterior paint job. We opened the sprayer box and immediately read "for outside use only". Well, I'd read multiple reviews from people who used this toy for interior paint jobs and thought it worked great. I was determined to use it inside as well. It did an awesome job and didn't produce a room filled with paint fumes. It sprayed evenly and wasn't a paint hog. I'll happily use it inside again.
The next new paint toy I bought was "Frog Tape". This stuff is marketed as a product that prevents "paint bleed". Since I hate doing touch-ups and the living room required lots of "technical taping", I decided to spend the "big bucks" and try Frog Tape. It's amazing and works as promised. Frog Tape rewarded me with clean lines!
My third favorite painting toy is a kitchen tool- a plastic scraper. I tried using a new edging tool that made lovely, even, straight lines, but it left a think, blobby line of paint at the top. The rest of the paint wouldn't blend with the blobby line and I was using my thumbnail to scrape off the "line". The paint kept jamming under my nail and pushing into the live skin. It was starting to hurt. I went to the kitchen and got a nylon scraper and it removed the "lines" cleanly (and painlessly!). Great find.
So obviously, we finally picked a paint color and we think we like it. We're getting used to the drastic change, and it sure is better than what was there before. Here's 'Jing showing the newly painted living room- "Sliced Cucumber" walls with Ultra Pure White wainscoting.
And yes, I still love Behr Ultra Premium Plus paint!
Sunday, February 12, 2012
These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...
Posted by squidlover at 4:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment