I'm painting the living room tomorrow. I've been putting off this project for 2.5 years, but tomorrow is the day! The living room was wallpapered. That got stripped off at the end of January. It took 2 days to get rid of the "left behind" glue, and 2 more days to patch and sand the holes and drywall anchors that were wallpapered over. What is taking the longest is me choosing a paint color. Originally I was going to paint the wainscoting glossy "ultra pure white" and the walls a taupe that is 2 shades darker than the paint in the entryway. That plan changed when I put the darker taupe on the wall and it looked like poop. New color combo needed. I'm sticking with the glossy "ultra pure white" on the wainscoting, but am going with a greeny-gray for the walls. I'm having a real hard time finding the right greeny-gray. The first one was way too dark and looked like mold. The second one was too green. Well, I've got it narrowed down to 2 light greeny-grays and will choose when the areas have dried. Do you have an opinion?
Probably not, as they all look awful in the picture! Hmmm, maybe I need to think about this some more.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Picking Paint
Posted by squidlover at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment