I hate migraines, but who doesn't. I'm a "lucky" migraine-getter though. I don't get them regularly (that's the lucky part), but when I do, they hang around for weeks and weeks but with less and less intensity as time goes on. I hadn't had a migraine for several years (5? 6? I don't know, but it's been a long time!) until last week. Last Thursday I was driving home when my vision suddenly went all wonky and I heard a high-pitched whine inside my head, the wave of nausea followed with seconds. Ugh. I was waiting for the slamming headache to hit all while hoping I could make it home. I did. I walked in the door and through a handful of Advil down and still waited for the nasty headache. Lucky for me, the monster never hit. I did have a headache- all over the back of my head when I never get headaches, but it was manageable. Unfortunately for my friend, I tried having a phone conversation with her during the migraine... I doubt I made any sense as I was really having to focus to string words together to form sentences. A few hours later, the migraine was gone-ish- I could see clearly, the whine was gone, and so was the nausea, but the headache remained. The bummerest thing about my migraines is that they are like earthquakes- a big jolt followed by migraine aftershocks. I'm on migraine #3 since Thursday. Hopefully they'll be completely gone by Christmas (seriously).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment