Amanda Dixon, do you hear me? I hate you! I don't even know how to spell your name and won't look it up because I hate you! Seriously, not kidding, I don't like you. Amanda is the co-host of the KSL radio morning news team. She is 100% happy, perky, annoying in the morning. She can even put a happy spin on a traffic jam or a murder scene. I think it's great to put a positive spin on the news whenever possible, but I hate "fake happy", constant "warm fuzzies", and poor word choices while trying to sugar coat a news segment. Last Friday, Amanda did me in. My last straw was broken and I refuse to listen to her and Grant for a long, long time (and maybe never again!). Friday was Veteran's Day and Grant and Amanda were going to interview a psychiatrist from the VA about PTSD. Amanda dropped the teaser for the upcoming segment by saying they were going to find out what could be done to help those who are "troubled" with PTSD. TROUBLED? Seriously? I think that those veterans who deal with PTSD are a little more than "troubled" by PTSD. From everything I've heard, they are tormented. I can't imagine what they go through as they deal with the horrors they have witnessed. Troubled? The mildew that got my pumpkin vines was troubling to me. Teenage attitudes are troubling to me. The fact that someone scraped by Subaru's bumped and left it scuffed up is troubling to me. But are these in the same category as dealing with PTSD? Come on, Amanda, get it right. Chose your words better. Don't trivialize what those who have served are country are dealing with. Report things as they are.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment