BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 4, 2013

St George Marching Band Trip

There's nothing like getting to get up at 4 a.m. to take Nolan to THS for their St. George marching band trip, especially when that day is the day after Halloween.  Ugh.  Luckily I got to go home and go back to bed until 6 a.m. when I had to get up to drive to St. George.  I wasn't planning on going to St. George for the competitions this year, but Dan decided to take Friday off from work and join us on the adventure (which wouldn't have happened if he didn't take the day off).  THS competed at 11:15 a.m. on Friday.  As soon as they finished, Dan, Miles, and I left for Las Vegas.  We decided to live dangerously and eat lunch at place that I've heard about from several friends, Hash House a Go Go.  The Hash House doesn't serve food that I typically eat and the portions are huge.  We decided to try the Chicken and Waffles (no, thank you) and the Roasted Red Pepper and Mozzarella Burger (and next time I will read the details about the burger and learn ahead of time that it comes with 2 patties).  The burger was actually really good (but oh, the indigestion!).


After lunch we drove over to the strip and took Miles to Adventuredome inside Circus Circus (boy, that end of the strip is a real dump).  I thought Miles would love the rides.  He was pretty straight faced on the carousel, the hot air balloon Ferris wheel, the kiddie coaster, the airplanes, and everything else until he went on the swinging pirate ship ride which he loved.  He went on that ride 3 times and his smiles got bigger each time. 


After rides and rides and rides, we took Miles upstairs to see a circus act.  Miles saw the slot machines and went nuts.  He really wanted to play them.  We kept explaining that you have to be 21 to play the slot machines, and it took forever to get that message through to him.  Finally at the end of the night he was saying that "When I am 21, I will play slot machines, poker, and bingo" to which I added, "and you'll have to use your own money so you'll have to get a job." 

Around 7 p.m. we went for a walk on the strip.  We watched the volcano erupt at the Mirage, then walked over to Max Brenner's inside the mall at Caesar's Palace.  While I wasn't hungry at all, we had dessert at Max Brenner's.  I told the server that Miles wanted vanilla ice cream.  She brought him out 3 huge scoops of ice cream and he ate it all.  He told us it was "delicious". 
After he ate everything he could scoop, he drank the melties. 

We headed back to Circus Circus and Miles went on one last pirate ship ride before the drive back to St. George.

Funny note... the hostess at the Hash House had an interesting shirt on.  From it back, it looked like she was wearing the world's longest thong... an over-the-shoulder variety!

0 comments: