Yesterday was a work day. It was a beautiful day, pleasant and warm; which meant a "get the yard cleaned up day". Lindon will haul away all your leaves if you bag then and drag them to the curb. We removed 135 pounds of leaves from the yard- 8 overstuffed, big, black garbage bags full.
Saturday afternoon I decided to deal with the storage room. Storage rooms are a good "idea" but take quite a bit of discipline to keep them organized. The room had turned into a "chuck the stuff on a shelf and shut the door" kind of place. It was time to sort it out. I made a huge mess doing so.
However,several hours later, multiple trips to the trash can and recycling cans, and tons of stuff boxed up for DI, I put it all away. The room is organized. It looks "nice" for a storage room. You can walk into the room without needing to follow a path... you could dance in it, if you wanted to. It feels so good to get "stuff" organized.
While I was battling the storage room, Dan took Miles on his first fishing trip. That gave me hours of uninterrupted work time. As my organizing project was entering the "clean it up phase" I heard Miles come in. I called to him and he came downstairs. He brought his "friend" with him and was so excited. All I could think was "go wash your hands!"
He loved his catch. He decided that it needed to go swimming.
Guess there's a tub that needs to be disinfected now. Miles' friend is now in a more appropriate place... in the freezer with his other buddy.
As a reward for the manual labor day, we watched 3 episodes of Duck Dynasty. Great way to end a day!




0 comments:
Post a Comment