Last summer (okay, summer 2011, but my brain still thinks of that summer as last summer), Miles' speech therapist used plastic pink pig toy as an incentive to get Miles to do what she wanted him to do. He loved the toy so much that I bought one to continue to use as an incentive when doing his speech "homework" together. In time, the incentive aspect of the pig wore off, but he still loved his piggy. One day we were in DI and they had an identical piggy. He wanted it, I thought "why not?" and he got it. Now he had 2 piggies. Months went by, more trips to DI happened, and one day DI had another piggy. Again, he wanted it, and being the sucker mom I am, I bought it for him. 3 piggy toys. Well, last week Miles and I did a DI run looking for pirate costume components for Jonathan. On the way to DI Miles was talking about DI having another pig. "I go to DI. I get number 4 piggy." I told him that we would look, but I didn't think DI would have another one of these pigs. How many of them could possibly exist? I asked him why he wanted another piggy. He said, "Miles have petting zoo." We went into DI and made it over to the toys and, what do you know, they had another pink pig. Of course Miles saw it and had to have it. So now, we have 4 and Miles petting zoo keeps getting bigger.
Monday, October 22, 2012
Piggies
Posted by squidlover at 8:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment