Stupidest "holiday" of the year. Yep, that's what I think. The "day" part of Halloween is fine, it's the trick-or-treating that I intensely dislike. I get tired of greedy kids that have run off before the candy has even hit the bottom of their bags, the lack of manners or gratefulness that they got free candy; the parents that jointly accompany their child(ren) instead of one staying home and passing out candy as well (you know, they take all they can get, but don't contribute to the gluttony of the day). The number of high school kids out trick-or-treating is way up this year. I hate the constant doorbell interruption. Once again, I stayed with my tradition of folding a mountain of laundry while passing out the candy- it's the only activity I can think of that can be interrupted 846 times without causing a problem. Ugh. Yuck. Glad it's only once a year.
As much as I dislike trick-or-treating, I let my children participate. Miles had a hard time choosing a costume. He's had a hard time grasping the concept of if I wear something that typically I'd never be allowed out of the house in, then knock on my neighbor's doors, then I will get candy. Tonight, after observing an hour of trick-or-treating, Miles decided that he was willing to put on a costume and go get candy. He had 4 costume choices- a monster, a UPS man, Buzz Lightyear, or Superman. He chose Superman and went out and had a good time.
26 minutes and I'm shutting of the porch light!

0 comments:
Post a Comment