Jonathan's high school had Homecoming this weekend. He asked his good friend (and fellow clarinetist) Anna to the dance. He and Anna and 3 other couples all went together. For the "day date" (because a proper Homecoming date is more than just dinner and the dance), the group hiked to Battle Creek Falls then went and got ice cream. After ice cream, the girls were taken home so they could get ready (and the guys could take desperately needed showers). That evening the ladies were picked up and the group had a photo session before coming to our house for dinner. I set the dining room "nice" for the dinner... flowers, candles, china, crystal, etc, then served the meal... waffles (at the boys' request). While I was putting the final touches of the waffle-fest together (waffles with whipped cream and berries or with syrup and butter, bacon, fruit salad, white grape juice, and strawberry trifle), the youngsters fiddled around on the piano and sang songs (I never did stuff like that for my high school dance dates). After dinner the group went to the dance. Jonathan declared the night "the best night out ever!"P.S. Only one of the guys was legal to drive and he only had access to a Honda Civic. I got asked to be the chauffeur (and the photographer and the cook).
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Homecoming 2011
Posted by squidlover at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment