For years I have been in disgust over the much "food" you can buy at a fair; some are fairly normal (funnel cake, french fries, corn dogs), but others are definitely "out there"... deep fried turkey legs, deep fried Twinkies, deep fried Snickers, deep fried Oreos. Last year's novelty item was chocolate covered bacon. This year's novelty "food" has topped them all and has crossed a line. The new novelty fair food this year is Deep Fried Butter. That's right- it's fat fried in fat. I didn't think it was possible to make fat fatter, but I have been proven wrong. The "deep fried butter" vendor puts a stick of frozen butter (1/4 pound) on a stick, then coats the butter in a cinnamon-honey batter, then the whole thing is fried until it is golden brown. Sick! One stick of fried butter costs close to a pound of butter at the grocery store... about $4. Mr. Never-Miss-a-Photo-Op-Pretty-Boy Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney has tried Deep Fried Butter and declared that it tastes "like a cinnamon roll, but buttery-er." Nice. I want him to get an angiogram before he makes it on the ballot in my state.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Fair Food Has Gone Too Far
Posted by squidlover at 7:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment