BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bountiful Baskets

Bountiful Baskets is a produce co-op. Today was the first time I participated (because they just opened a new pick-up location in Lindon!). For $16.50, your buy a share of random produce. I was curious what was going to come. I'm basically pleased. I got a large head of romaine, an English cucumber, a bag of green beans, a bunch of celery, a carton of cherry tomato sized heirloom tomatoes (I'm going to eat them with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and a wee bit of olive oil!), 6 bananas, a pound of strawberries, 2 mangoes, 7 peaches, 6 plums, a cantaloupe, and 10 mystery starchy root vegetable. I have no idea what they are. The are about 6" long and skinny. They are brown outside and white inside and taste like nothing. Seriously, like nothing! I've been trying to figure out what it is. My best guess is Cassava Root/Yucca Root, but I'm really not sure. They look to be the right size, but mine aren't so scaley! Whatever they are, obviously they are really in season somewhere right now!

1 comments:

McKenzie said...

okay i so need details. what is this? it sounds awesome! our favorite little farmer down the street isn't opening this year. we are all in morning and need to find something else!