Jonathan got his learner's permit today. He and I stopped at an empty parking lot on the way home from the DMV and let him try out driving. I let him drive my precious Outback. It is a standard transmission so I warned him about the clutch. He only killed the car once before getting the clutch out semi-smoothly. He did a big lap around the parking lot (at a fairly fast speed) before he wanted to try parking. He parked fine, but was baffled as to how to back up when the car is sitting on a slight decline. After a big, bumpy clutch-popping experience, he agreed that he was done driving for the day, and I drove us home. It should be an interesting few months around here as we learn to accept a new driver in the family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment