More tidbits about Halloween that I omitted last night...
First, it was raining, no- POURING! during the initial prime Trick-or-Treating hour. Nolan wore a rain slicker to try to stay dry. His shoes were soaked through by the night's end (and probably within 100 yards of the house).
Second- the low point of the night was our LAST group of beggars... I mean Trick-or-Treaters. It was a group of 3... a young (6? 7? year old) girl with 2 adult females with her. Knock, knock, knock; Dan opens door; "Trick-or-Treat"; Dan starts giving the girl candy; woman #1 (who speaks English as a Second language) shouts out "No! Chocolate!!!" and reaches into bowl and grabs what she wants; little girl is taking what she wants by the handful; woman #2 holds up her pumpkin to make sure Dan know she needs candy too. Now, by "women" I mean "Grown-ups"... middle aged mother/aunt/friend out Trick-or-Treating with young trick-or-treating age appropriate child, then rejecting what is offered and demanding and taking what they want. RUDE!!!
Third- The Costume that Made ME Laugh the Hardest!!! We had a lot of teenagers this year, probably because the weather didn't bother them! Most wore some type of costume. Some actually said "Trick-or-Treat", and a few even said "Thank You". One group of teenagers came to the door... I was on the phone at the time and I told the person I was talking to that at my door there was a skeleton, a Green Bay Packers Fan and a kid wearing a white garbage sack. I handed the kids the candy; they started to walk away, and Mr. White Garbage Bag turned around and in a very quiet voice told me "I'm White Trash". I started laughing so hard! He won simplest, but funniest costume of the night!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Halloween Revisited
Posted by squidlover at 8:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment