BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Randomninity!

I got the last box of Gymboree stuff I ordered and just played the "price tag game". That's where I add up the retail price of everything in the box and compare it to what I actually paid. It makes me feel like a bargain shopper, but the truth is I would NEVER pay Gymboree's regular retail prices. I bought 2 one-piece winter toutfits, 2 hats, 2 pairs of socks, 1 baseball hat, 1 t-shirt, 2 t-shirt onesies, 1 pair of shortalls, and 2 one-piece summer outfits. Retail on that stuff was $202.50. Ouch! I paid $50.46, or 75% off retail! I could buy 40 gallons of gas with what I saved.

Nolan had an outdoor swimming "lesson" today. It was 46 degrees out there. It was a rude shock for him to get out of the 90 degree pool and dry off. I wonder how much the O'Neal's gas bill is. Their pool is always 90 degrees.

Today is Bona's birthday. Bona had a surgical heart procedure done earlier this week. It was one of those "via the vein" surgeries and not open heart. Anyway, she's been doing fine, but one leg has swollen up really big and she can't walk without assistance. This happened the last time she had a heart procedure done as well. Parley took her to the doctor's this morning, but we haven't heard anything since. Later tonight we're going over to see Bona and bringing her a birthday cake.

Apples are expensive right now! I know it's not apple season, but today at Macey's, they were $1.59 per pound. Ouch! I'm eating a lot of apples right now... so long as I have caramel to dip them in.

Jonathan got to play around on his new saxophone today. He got it a week early, but I thought he could use a pick-me-up after his disappointing day in extracurricular band yesterday. The only problem he has found so far is that the spit swab that I bought for him doesn't fit through the neck piece opening. I told him we'd change the bead on the end and then it would fit.

As of tomorrow I will have an official teenager in the house. For his birthday, Jonathan wants to play 18 holes of real golf with Dan and Nolan (notice, I was not invited; my job is to make him an Oreo cake). Nolan has agreed to play 9 holes and then I will pick him up at the golf course and rescue him from what I am sure will be a frustrating situation. I guess I better wrap Jonathan's birthday present tonight since he'll need his new golf clubs bright and early tomorrow. If he pulls the "what, only 2 presents" carp with me, I will be forced to sit on him. Maybe I should leave the price tag on the golf clubs.

0 comments: