BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Moms Can Over-React

So I blew it. Jonathan was a chef at the CTE Cafe at school today. His section of CTE opened a breadstick and lemonade cafe for the other CTE sections. The other classes used their "reward dollars" to buy from the cafe. Jonathan was evidently working with a bunch of bonehead seventh graders who were not concerned about quality control issues. Each breadstick was to be 8" long, brushed with butter, sprinkled lightly with salt or cinnamon sugar, and baked. Well, I guess some of his fellow chefs were making breadsticks as long as possible and as thin as a pencil. Jonathan was having to go and fix their inept breadstick shaping. Then Jonathan was supposed to melt butter in the microwave, but forgot to cover the container and had to clean up a butter explosion inside the microwave (this has cured him from wanting to put an unpunctured potato into the microwave to see what would happen). Then he somehow got a baking pan tilted inside the oven spilled breadsticks down to the bottom of the oven. He did not enjoy fishing them out. I guess he got so frustrated that he started to cry. When I heard that, that's when I blew it. I chewed him out for crying in class. I told him that the kids were thinking he was a baby and would make fun of him. I told him to learn some stress/frustration management skills. Boy, I really helped him out, right? Anyway, his evidently teacher handled things much better than I did. She took him out into the hall and helped him calm down. She thanked him for being a conscientious worker. He survived the rest of the class period. I just checked his grades/attendance and noticed that she gave him an "R" for attendance today which mean "Positive Present- Really Here". Thank goodness for teachers who understand and care.

0 comments: