BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 14, 2014

The HC

The "HC", also known as the "Heritage Center" is the dorm cafeteria on the U of U campus.  It also was the where the athletes ate during the 2002 Olympics, but that's irrelevant.  Jonathan has a meal package at the HC which was bought as a "meal supplementation plan" since he was to be doing his own cooking.  Well, more than half way through his second semester at the U, Jonathan still had a obscene number of meals left on his plan.  We decided to help him out with those meals.  Jonathan, Nolan, Miles, and Dan ate at the HC one Saturday prior to an afternoon of skiing.  That same day, I took the train to SLC and up to the U and met the boys for dinner at the HC.  We used 9 of Jonathan's meals in a matter of hours.  All year I've been hearing about odd offerings at the HC- like "macaroni and cheese pizza" so I was skeptical.  Also, I hate cafeteria food, and buffets are difficult for me to eat from (hepatitis paranoia).  Well, guess what?  The HC has good food!  They have a grill guy who custom grills burgers or chicken for you, and next to Smashburger, it was the best chicken sandwich I've ever had.  They have a lovely salad bar.  A deli that will custom make sandwiches.  They have both hard-pack and soft serve ice cream.  I did find one nasty thing- they had red potatoes that tasted like sweet potatoes.  Yuck.  Miles thought the best thing about the HC was a dirty dishes rack.  It's a moving, rotating thing with many levels and slots to put your dirty dishes in/on.  Miles thought cleaning up was great.  After eating the HC food, I had to wonder why Jonathan had so many meals left on his plan...

Here's the HC!



0 comments: