BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 14, 2014

Obsessed with Death

Miles obsession with death continues.  He regularly talks about how when you are dead you can't wiggle anymore, so they put you in a box in the ground, then put a rock on your head.  The other night I'd read Miles 3 of his 4 bedtime stories.  After the third book, I told Miles to chose one more book.  He said, "A Jesus story.  I need the scriptures."  So I dug out an illustrated version of the book of Luke and started to flip through it to find a "good" Jesus story.  Miles wanted to "Jesus is dead" story.  We started through the crucifixion story, talked about Jesus getting so hurt, then carrying his cross, then being crucified, then dying, then being put in a "cave", and then about being resurrected.  We talked about Jesus being alive again and living with Heavenly Father.  I told Miles that someday he would die and get to live with Jesus again.  Miles thought about that for a few seconds and then said, "I have breakfast with Jesus.  We will have man-cookies and milk.  And blue turkey."

0 comments: