BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Driving in a Snow Storm

Yesterday we had a little snow storm that was supposed leave 2-3" of snow behind.  We got 6".  Evidently the cities and their snowplow teams didn't take the storm serious because the road were awful.  In the afternoon I had to go run an errand.  It was snowing. The driving required at lot of focus.  Miles didn't like what was on the radio.  It was the local news channel giving the news at the top of the hour which ends with a weather report.  I wanted to listen to what they were saying about the storm while Miles wanted "number 6 song."  Well, I told Miles that he'd have to wait because I wanted to hear the weather report, and it was too dangerous for me to mess with the radio.  Miles did not accept my answer so he responded by throwing a huge tantrum.  He was screaming and kicking and causing a major distraction for me from the backseat.  I told Miles that if he didn't stop screaming, then he was going to cause me to wreck the car and he'd have to go to the hospital and get lots of needles.  Well guess what?  That quieted Miles immediately.  The tantrum ended instantly.  A few minutes later though, Miles spoke up.  He said, "The hospital is all closed.  It's locked.  I not go hospital."  I thanked him for ceasing the screaming and kicking, and told him we didn't need to go to the hospital.  Several times during the afternoon, Miles felt the need to restate his position of "the hospital is all closed.  It's locked."

0 comments: