BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Quick Escape

Traditionally, over the Christmas break, and just before actual holiday, we go up to Midway.  I plan the trip prior to Christmas as a way to force me to be ready for the “big day” early so I’m not a beast on Christmas and get to enjoy the day too.  This year, I didn’t book the condo early enough and plans had to shift a bit.  Instead of going to Midway, we spent a couple of days in Eden.  Eden is up Ogden Canyon and close to Snowbasin.  A ski trip was planned!  Unfortunately, the snow is pretty pathetic at the resorts right now.  It was icy on the groomed runs.  It was windy on top.  But in all, it was a good day for the skiers. 

Miles seemed to enjoy his break from the “routine” as well.  He was happy to spend an entire day doing nothing.  I couldn’t convince him to go out and play in the snow.  All he wanted to do was watch Toy Story 2 and Curious George 2.  I was happy that there were multiple TVs and DVD players in the unit so I didn’t have to watch his movies.  Here’s how I spent the day with Miles. 

Finally at 4 p.m., I convinced Miles to go play racquetball with me.  Unfortunately, the courts were all booked and we had to wait an hour.  When our court was available, Miles had a great time hitting and chasing his racquetball all over the court.  He was nervous when it was “Mommy’s turn” because he was afraid that I was going to nail him with my ball.  Truth?  I did hit him a couple of times, luckily he didn’t get hit by any fast balls, just ones I’d missed that were dying down.

0 comments: