BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

An Arrowman

Last winter, Nolan was "called out" for the Order of the Arrow.  To become a member of the OA, he had to complete an "ordeal."  Nolan did that last weekend.  The ordeal was at Maple Dell on Friday and Saturday.  Friday night, Nolan took his oath of silence (that lasted until the end of the induction ceremony on Saturday evening) and slept out under the stars.  Since the OA is a service-based group, the inductees had to spend most of Saturday engaged in a service project- tearing down and packing away Maple Dell... hauling canoes, dismantling staff tents, taking down pavilions, etc.  I think Maple Dell looked at it as a source of free labor!

We were invited to attend the "Yay!  You're a member of the Order of the Arrow" ceremony, but due to a communication error, we arrived just as the ceremony was concluding.  One good thing about that was I didn't hear the "no pictures" announcement so I was, in ignorance, taking pictures.




Here's the arrowman.

What's next for him in the OA?  No idea...

0 comments: