BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Camping

Ever since last year's disastrous Fathers & Sons camp-out with Miles last year, Miles has wanted to go camping again.  One of his favorite books is Franklin's Sleepover.  In that book, Franklin invites his friend Bear over for sleepover.  They plan to make a tent out of a tablecloth and sleep in the living room.  They have a campfire and roast marshmallows.  Then, after alleviating Bear of his fears, they sleep.  All summer long, Miles has been asking to sleep in a tent, but then chickens out and says, "Miles sleep in Miles' bed."  Last night, Miles agreed to sleep in a tent set up in the upstairs family room.  Once the tent was set up, he excitedly ran and got his pillow and climbed inside.  Convincing him to use a sleeping bag took some effort, but soon he agreed to climb in one.  And there he stayed.

He invited a few friends to join him in the tent... Batman, Spiderman, and Curious George. 

Now my only complaint about the sleepover was the condition of the tent.  Evidently, last time this particular tent was used, it was put away damp.  The tent bag was unzipped, and even before the tent was removed, my hypersensitive nose could smell moldy-mildew.  Nasty.  Evidently the smell didn't bother anyone else as the camp-out was undeterred.  I insisted that the windows be open all night, and yet, I could still smell the mildew.  Such a gross smell.  Morning came and I opened every window as wide open as possible.  I have multiple box fans running in the house to encourage a faster air exchange.  I've sprayed Fabreeze.  The tent was removed from the house as soon as it was vacated. However, I can still mildew... Yuck.

0 comments: