BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 5, 2013

An Adventure with Jonathan

Jonathan and I made a trip to the U today to get some questions answered.  Unfortunately, two places we needed to visit decided to make the 4th of July into a 4 day weekend.  Another place, we were lucky and got "Mr. No Clue, but I sure know how to make you think I know what I'm talking about" who gave us lots of incorrect information that I verified was wrong after I got home.  We did manage to get a couple of things taken care of.

 Jonathan and I took FrontRunner and Trax to the U.  On the way home, we got on FrontRunner in Murray.  The train was quite full.  We sat knee-to-knee with 2 little kids who immediately wanted to know where we were getting off the train, and that their mom was sitting "right down there".  The kids were quite chatty.  They told me that they'd been to a splash park, eaten snow cones (but not Barbie or Tiger's Blood flavored), and now they were on their way to watch Despicable Me 2.  I told them that I'd gone with Jonathan up to the U and that he was going to go to school there.  The little boy looked at me and said, "You've got to be kidding me."  I assured him that the U was indeed where Jonathan was going to attend school.  Then he looked at me and said, "Are you his mom?  I thought you were married."  It was really hard not to laugh in the boy's face.  Then his little sister said, "I knew you weren't married.  I just thought you were engaged."  More "laughing inside" by me.  Then the two kids started discussing why they thought what they did, and they agreed that it was because Jonathan looks "old" with his scruffies.  Jonathan humored them and chose to "let it slide" because they were just "kids."  Too funny!

0 comments: