Happy day of love, flowers, candy, over-crowded restaurants, and commercialism. May the day be everything you ever dreamed of. Happy Singles Awareness Day to those whom that applies as well (although the specific date of this "calendar holiday" varies; internet sources indicate that this holiday is celebrated between February 13-15, depending on who you ask). I've always like the idea of Valentine's Day more than actually celebrating the day. In all reality, today is just another Thursday, filled with getting the kids ready, school, clutter attacking, music lessons, nagging, etc, with a small token of "I Love You"- it's a book-and-treat year for all.
I did get an awesome present from Miles. Recently his schoolwork has come home with writing on it that has made me wonder if Miles is doing the writing, line tracing, picture matching, etc. by himself. Last year (and the first half of this school year) the letters and lines on his schoolwork have been dark and fairly "correct", and the works "with help" or "hand over hand" were written across the top of the paper; but more and more I've noticed that those words aren't on the paper and the "writing" is much fainter and squigglier (wow, that's actually a word!). Today I got a card that Miles signed himself. 100% by himself, as witnessed by Dan. His letters are very shaky, formed incorrectly, and variable in size, but I love it! Using a bit of imagination, you should be able to see his name...
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Valentine's Day
Posted by squidlover at 7:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment