Yesterday I finally had to admit that I was sick. I'd been trying to convince myself that the stomach queasiness I'd been feeling for the previous two days was empathy nausea because Miles was sick. Around 3 a.m. on Wednesday morning I could no longer deny that I was truly sick. I got up and got the boys off to school then went back to bed. Miles was still asleep when I crawled back into bed. I heard him wake up a short time later but I wasn't ready to get up, so I slept with "one ear open", or so I thought. When 11:30 a.m. rolled around, Miles decided that it was time for me to get up and he did his best to encourage me to do so. I thought I'd been aware of where Miles was while I was "sleeping", but I guess I was more asleep than I'd thought I was. He'd dumped everything off my nightstand, played with and hidden my glasses, and been busy playing toys in my room. In the computer room, he'd climbed up on one of the desks and got some disks he wasn't supposed to have. He also found some casting powder and taken the lid off the container and sprinkled it around the room. Evidently Miles had been hungry and went downstairs where the storage room door must have been left ajar and he helped himself to a package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. He even opened the packaging instead of eating through it. Way to be self-sufficient! At 2 p.m., we took a nap together. This time, I made sure I was second to fall asleep and first to wake up! Today I am feeling much better. I even ate "lunner" with my boys at 3 p.m.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment